Sarah’s positive psychology masterclasses have been running very successfully in London for several years. She is thrilled to be able to offer this extended masterclass, running for the first time in Australia, that will pull together the research behind her publication Positive Psychology at Work with her extensive experience of working with organisations.
The masterclass is intended for consultants and leaders in organisations.
This inaugural programme will run in Sydney from the 17th to the 20th of November. The exact venue is yet to be confirmed but will be somewhere in central Sydney. Timings on the first and last days are designed to accommodate those wishing to travel to Sydney to attend.
So why should I come?
Just read what some of our previous attendees have had to say about the impact the masterclass has had on their working life:
‘Six months on from Sarah’s workshop the value of what I learned is still unfolding – I am now confidently using the Organisational Strengths Cards she showed us and the change in my team has been dynamic and revelatory, they are on fire! I highly recommend these masterclasses to anyone working in organisations large or small!’
‘Thank you for hosting such an exciting, inspiring day yesterday. I was so pleased…so much time to share stories and share insights. I am buzzing today….I found your delivery style relaxed and engaging – I learnt so much and had a great deal of fun doing so.’
What will happen on this masterclass? What exactly will I get out of it?
The course will be a structured and facilitated experience, ensuring all delegates get a grounding in the material but with enough built in flexibility to allow us to respond to emerging themes, interests and queries.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Offer positive and appreciative leadership
- Create motivation and commitment to change
- Conduct positive performance appraisals
- Ask change-creating questions
- Create positive workplace cultures
- Conduct root cause of success analysis
- Build and develop effective, engaged teams
- Create employee engagement
- Undertake positive startegic analysis and development
- Create flourishing organisations
- Create great relationships through everyday interaction
You will learn about:
- Positive and Appreciative Leadership
- Positive and Aprreciative Change
- Strengths-based performance development
- Appreciative Inquiry
- The benefits of positive emotions at work
- The importance of learning from success
- Appreciative Team Developemnt
- Meaningfulness at work
- Positive startegic development processes
- The secrets of flourishing organisations
- The micro-moment magic of high quality relationships
This four-day program will:
- Address the appreciation and the critiques of this approach and practice
- Introduce both micro-moments and large system interventions
- Locate the theory and practice within an ethical, contextual and historical frame
- Be highly participatory and experiential
- Include lots of exercises and case studies
- Benefit from extensive expert lecture input from Sarah
- Cover key aspects of positive psychology, particularly strengths, positivity, flow and flourishing organizations and individuals
- Focus on the emotional life of the organization, looking particularly at hope, optimism, forgiveness and gratitude
Sounds interesting, what should I do to be kept informed?
In order to register your interest in attending Sarah’s positive psychology Masterclass in the Spring of 2014, please visit the Eventbrite page for this event.
Registration allows us to inform you when the event is ready to accept bookings, gives you a chance to influence the content of the course, and qualifies you for a $85 ‘early register discount’ on your booking.
When is it going to be?
The course will take place over four days and it is intended that the approximate timings will be as below:
Day 1 (Monday 17th November): 11am – 6pm
Day 2 (Tuesday 18th November): 9am – 5pm
Day 3 (Wednesday 19th November): 9am – 5pm
Day 4 (Thursday 20th November): 8 – 3pm
(Note late start on Day 1 and early finish on Day 2 to save on overnight accommodation for traveling delegates)
How much will it cost? Are there discounts available?
I’m so glad you asked! When we begin to accept bookings (this date is provisionally pencilled in for late May/early June) the price will be:
For an earlybird booking (i.e. made before September 17th): $1,200
For a late booking (i.e. made after September 17th): $1,350
There will be three discounts available:
An $85 ‘early register discount’ for those who registered their interest by the 17th of May (so register here now even if you are not entirely sure you will be able to make it – it costs nothing)
An $85 ‘recruiter’s discount’ for you for each person who mentions your name when registering their interest who then goes on to book a place (so pass this page link onto people in your network who you think may be interested)
A ‘bulk booking discount’ – if you book 5 places you get a 6th free
More about Sarah
Based in the UK and a team member of Appreciating Change, Sarah is a chartered organisational psychologist who has worked with organisations and individuals to achieve change for over thirty years.
An early adopter of Appreciative Inquiry she is one of the UK’s leading experts in strengths-based approaches, speaking regularly at national conferences. She is a respected writer on the topic, as lead author of Appreciative Inquiry for Change Management and author of Positive Psychology at Work.
She works with organisations from private and non-profit sectors and is currently working on her next book.